Monday, March 29, 2010

Somnolent is the Word of the Day...

Not being able to fall asleep is one of the most frustrating things in world. It is 5am and I am exhausted and have been trying to go to sleep for the past 4 hours, with no luck at all. I have tried everything I know, and nothing. Like Monday's aren't hard enough on their own I get to try and get through my Monday with no sleep. I stay up trying so hard to clear my head of everything that is bouncing around up there, that I end up wide awake going over and over in my head everything I have to get done the following day. Then I think well since I am awake I might as well get started on the chores I have to do here at home, this is how my laundry ends up getting half way done. The ever so popular clean clothes hamper. You know when you wash clothes but don't have time or feel like putting them away they end up folded and stuck in the desginated clean clothes hamper. And let's face it, once they get there they are never getting put away, they will get dug through until they are either all wrinkled or half of them are dumped on the floor by the kids looking for clean socks. Then you will have to wash the clean clothes again. As you can tell this happens often in my house. We also have the chair in the living room that is for all the clothes you have gotten on a hanger but not managed to get in the closet for whatever reason. Doing chores at night when you can't sleep isn't a good idea, unless you want to spend twice the time and effort fixing and finishing all the half done chores the next day. I also tried eating, which is my favorite thing to do at night, hoping if I stuffed my tummy it would send me into a nice slumber, it sent me to the medicine cabinet searching for Tums. I tried laying next to BoBo and petting him to relax myself, BoBo is snoring away sleeping like a baby and I got to deal with my arm falling asleep and then the lovely pins and needles while it woke up. I tried writing in my journal, but got really caught up in what I was writing and ended up with a 4 page entry. So I now give up, maybe not trying to fall asleep will finally work. Hoping to be in Dream Land soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment