Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Three of Spring Break..



So today was actually a pretty good day. Nolan decided to put his attitude away for the day and gave me a nice break. We had a nice calm day together just the two of us. I played around in my garden for awhile, looked for a new gardener since ours has disappeared. My garden is looking pretty good, well half of it is looking pretty good, the other half needs a bit of TLC. But I am very happy with it, I was in such a good mood I even decided to cook. Which in this house is a special treat. It's not that I can't cook, it's that I hate to cook. I am that person that cannot cook without using every pot and pan in the place so clean up is a pain in the ass. My whole family in shock and many smart ass remarks from my kids later and we had a yummy home cooked meal. I even got the dishes done and put away while they ate, it was a good day indeed.

I then spent some time cleaning the hamster cage and playing with him a bit, the hamster my Nolan begged me for and has not paid any attention to since, he hasn't even named the poor little guy. So I have dubbed him "Cast Away" he lives in my art room for his own safety and I have to say he is pretty cute. I have to stop being such a sucker for these pets they want. Last year they talked me into rats, we ended up with six, 4 girls and 2 boys, and they were great and a lot of fun but also a lot of work and clean up. I am such an animal lover, that it sometimes bites me in the ass. But I think pets, especially dogs make a family. No matter how hard my day is or the kids day is coming home and laying down and hugging your dog is the most amazing relaxing and calming thing in the world. You instantly feel so loved and safe. But enough with the small pets for awhile, cuz I always get stuck with them. I am putting my foot down. Anyway, I am hoping tomorrow goes as smoothly as today did, one can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment