Monday, March 15, 2010

What's with the Monsters ?


Everyone is always asking me what's with the Monsters..My Husband and I have a slight addiction to Monster Energy Drinks the blue can, low-carb, no sugar ones. Not because of the low-carb but because the blue ones tastes better. Anyway, people treat us like we are doing crack. I am one of those people who always has to be drinking something, I used to drink about 15 Diet Cokes a day and very little water. Well my Husband for most of our marriage worked the graveyard shift and a few years ago he started drinking Monsters to help him stay awake at night, and he got me to try one and one thing led to another and we were hooked. So I started drinking Monsters instead of Diet Coke, we actually do not drink any soda anymore unless we go out to eat. I also started drinking more water, I now drink about 4 liters of water per day. We drink about 4 or 5 of the 24oz Monsters each per day, we drink them because we like the way they taste. As far as them helping you stay awake that does not work for us, because we are both immune to caffeine. Granted we are probably immune because we both have always drank a lot of caffeine. People love to comment all day long about our Monster habit, It's not that big of a deal. We do not drink alcohol so as a vice Energy drinks isn't a bad one. I realize that yes we drink a lot of them, it doesn't really hit me until it's time to take the cans in and I've got 4 or 5 large trash bags filled with Monster cans. I love the looks I get from the people at the Recycling place. Someone can be standing right next to me with 10 bags filled to the rim with empty beer cans and no one even notices, but as soon as they see My Monster cans it's like I brought Crack cans. It is so funny... When we go to a bar-b-ques or other functions at our friends houses we always come in with our big ol bag of Monsters and everyone gives us shit as they are lugging cases of beer thru the door. So why are people so obsessed with us drinking Monsters ? I really don't know. There really is no rhyme or reason to why we drink Monsters other than we like the way they taste, I do however think there is something in them that is addictive because if we run out of Monsters , my husband and I both start to Freak Out a little bit and get anxious like "OMG what do we do now"..lol.. But yes maybe we do drink too many, but they are so good and now soda just tastes weird to me and honestly I cannot imagine not having my Monsters everyday..And I say if it makes me happy, SO BE IT....

No comments:

Post a Comment